Are you interested in getting a FREE copy of Microsoft Office? This includes Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Microsoft has made this once expensive software available for free to most Ontario students. Follow these instructions to get it:
1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/web/i-want-office/
2. Under “Check if you’re eligle” select Primary or Secondary School, change Province to Ontario, and under Search for School Board, type Superior-Greenstone. *Note the dash. It’s important. Select Superior-Greenstone District School Board and then the “See If I’m Eligible” button. It will change green to “You’re Eligible!”
3. Enter your school email address. Don’t know it? It’s the first four letters of your first name and the first four letters of your last name followed by “@student.sgdsb.on.ca”. For example, if your name is William Shakespeare your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
4. You will then be asked to sign into your student email address to confirm the download. You can sign into email by clicking here: http://sgdsb-newmail.sgdsb.on.ca.
5. Once in your email, click on the link and a webpage will open offering you a link to download and install Microsoft Office.